Making The Moulds S3

The final stage of making the moulds was pouring the Silicon into the void between the plaster and the object. The hardest part of this was getting the 3D prints out as they stuck slightly and, due to their size, had  created a suction effect. But after using a few wooden wedges they came out fine. I then cleaned up the silicon and prepared the mould to pour silicon into the other side. Whilst I had the silicon out, I also poured silicon into my casts for Jupiter and Saturn.

I am really pleased with how the silicon has worked with the forms picking up all the machining marks on the 3D prints. I have learnt a lot from making these moulds and I have progressed my knowledge of making larger moulds. I know quite a few things I would change when make moulds such as these next after experiencing the process.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s