This was very useful lecture given to us by a product design tutor on the best way to present your work professionally, for things like competitions to get you ideas across effectively.
Some things to remember-
- Show your market
- Use high quality images of the product
- Judges have no time to read text so use images instead to show it in situations/in its environment, explain functionality and give a sense of scale.
- illustrate how it might work using things such as storyboards. avoid text again.
- Communicate complex ideas though imagery that explains how the product works to everybody of all languages.
- Lay out sketch sheets. Use simple colours with little annotations.
- Action images convey a lot.
- Set the scene with mood boards. This can be one way of communicating environment and market.
4 main points to remember –
- Explain the problem
- describe the solution
- Demonstrate knowledge of the product detail, structure and operations
- Illustrate how the product is used.